Monday, December 19, 2011

December Daily 2011

So this has been in the back of my mind for a few weeks. I didn't put any foundation pages together. But I have been taking photos...so yesterday I had a play on Photoshop Elements and came up with my album (so far) for 2011.  Now when I say December Daily, I don't really mean "daily" - mine is more of a December {whenever I have appropriate photos and stories to tell}. But that is really a bit long to put on the front cover. Not that I have done the front cover yet!  I am really happy with how it has turned out, it hasn't been a lot of work, and is completely achievable with everything else that is going on.

So without any further ado.......










I was very inspired by Ali Edwards, just love the way she puts things together and I have a few of her brushes from earlier in the year with my Project Life. So I just adapted the way she was doing it to suit myself, changed the orientation as I mostly have landscape photos, popped on the photos first and then the journalling.  I printed them here at home on my Canon printer and they seem to be of high enough quality to last.  Originally I wasn't going to mat them at all, then I realised I had a whole packet of Stampin' Up A4 cardstock in the perfectly coordinating colour, and this also makes it far more sturdy overall.  Then I just grabbed any matching bits and pieces from the magic Christmas embellishment box and away I went.

I have also pulled out my December Daily's from last year and 3 years ago, it is great to look back at what we were doing then, the girls just love it.  And this is a really simple way of getting to the end result quickly.

6 comments:

  1. looks great Leah!
    Doing it digital would be less stress and mess!!lol!!
    great work and thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Daily! I love the Harvest page. I'm so jealous of the shorts in December! It's getting cold here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so cute!!!!!
    you are doing amazing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!! I love this Leah!! Thanks so much for sharing :)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fabulous Leah!! Love how you are putting this together :-)

    ReplyDelete