Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Guest DT at Scrap Sanity using some gorgeous Little Yellow Bicycle

I am super thrilled to have been asked by the ultra talented Tiff Sawyer to be the guest DTer for April at Scrap Sanity. My kit was chock full of Little Yellow Bicycle Paradise goodies along with lots of other coordinating embellishments.

So far I have done three layouts, and there is plenty more to come.

I have had this photo of Alexa skipping through Ma ma's garden cut into a circle for a while, must have been going to use it somewhere and never got around to it! It is perfect for this range of papers though, so I just continued on with the circle theme and love the way this one has turned out. I used the cardstock stickers and cut the verses up so they would go around in the circle and am really happy with how they look.



A lot of pieces in this range are just crying out to be chopped up, particularly this one that I have used bits for the top and bottom of the next layout. I also layered the bottom strip with some stickers to add a little bit more dimension to the layout.  I also got a bit creative for me with some texture paste butterflies. I left them clear, and added some pearls to the centre. To make these I simply punched the butterfly shape using a Martha Stewart punch into some scrap cardstock, then painted the texture paste over the mask I have made. Then I just left them to dry. I love how this adds a little extra to the layout, but is still really subtle.



And finally for today, I just want to mention another thing that I love about this range of papers - and that is that it doesn't have to be all pink and girly and flowery for the Alexa's of this world. No, the papers work equally as well for those not so girly girls or boys in our lives! So the final layout is of Kiara, nice and simple, but showing off this gorgeous photo of Kiara just as she is.



If you've got this far, well done, and I hope to see you over at Scrap Sanity soon. There is a great forum, challenges, a cybercrop coming up and lots more.

1 comment:

  1. Awww! Such CUTE layouts! Love how you made them so playful and fun! :D

    ReplyDelete