Monday, April 30, 2012

Some layouts to share

I got the most gorgeous "Fabrications" kit from Leanne at Mad About Scrappin' to play with from Teresa Collins. When I last checked there were still two left, so if you would like one you can check them out here. The kit is only $10, and you get 4 sheets of the gorgeous Teresa Collins Fabrications Pattern Paper, 2 x cardstock, Chipboard from WOW, Lace, Silver Metal Corner and Micro Beads and there is easily enough papers left over for more layouts and cards. Such great value, especially when you get to feel the quality of this paper, it is just gorgeous. And beautiful colours too.  Here are my layouts:


One thing I love about getting kits is there is usually some items that really get you out of your scrapping "rut" and make you think outside the square. This kit includes some black "micro beads" (I didn't even know that's what they were called - I called them tiny bead thingoes which is an equally good name, I think). Of course, I have never used micro beads before, and I love the way they came out on the chipboard. I painted the complete piece of WOW chipboard, then dimensional magicked it when the paint was dry. While the DM was still wet, I sprinkled on the micro beads, attempting to get them in the middle of the flowers. I love the effect this has given the chipboard.


The kit comes with a silver photo corner, but I felt the silver didn't really match in with the rest of my layout, so I just painted it black. The paint covered the corner perfectly and dried really well, so there is no problem in changing your embellishments to suit your page.


My second layout showcases off all these beautiful papers, I have fussy cut out some of the larger flowers and used them as features on the background piece.




3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love how the micro beads look on the chipboard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the micro beads on chipboard, Leah! Beautiful layouts.

    ReplyDelete