Saturday, June 9, 2012

Experimenting with different scrappy styles

Here is an interesting comparison...I have been trawling the net finding different challenges to get my scrapping started. I found lots. One (which I missed the deadline for - doh!) was to scrap with the theme "Royal" to coincide with the Queen's diamond jubilee etc etc. I used the same pic of Alexa and decided to use up some older papers, and chuck a heap of flowers on it. One thing with getting kits is I end up with lots and lots of flowers, as they usually don't end up on many of my layouts!

Another challenge is the one over at Aussie Scrap Source for their Readers Challenge Design feature, this week on Contrast / Visual Hierarchy. They have a sketch from Page Maps to follow, and I used some of my fantastic prize win from Pink Paislee.

I will show you this layout first, as it is definitely more my style and without doubt my favourite:



And to compare:

For me, it's the colours, the busyness, those flowers...but I guess it's good to step outside your comfort zone once in a while - even if it is just to remind you why you were there in the first place!

What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. You know what, I love them both. They are different yet stunning. I love the first with it being simple and the photos being the main thing you look at. The 2nd one is just as stunning with a balance of the one big photo and the big cluster of flowers. The colours are on the bright side, something i don't do as well but really works. Well done for making 2 layouts that are different but both are fab, thats hard to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are very lovely pages!
    Both very different but fabulous the same!
    I really admire the first page and style too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful Leah! <3 luving them both!

    ReplyDelete