Friday, September 7, 2012

Gorgeous Nostalgia by My Mind's Eye

I just love the quality of the papers from My Mind's Eye, and the Nostalgia Kit that is available right now in the Mad About Scrappin' for just $13 sure is a great value buy.

So far I have created two layouts and a card, and there is still plenty leftover for more.


Isn't this lace just divine? It was perfect for embellishing the outer edge of my circle and with the wire enforcement it is easy to manoeuvre. The other thing I love about this one is those doilies, I simply cut them in half and used them as a scallop border underneath the photo mat. All I have added to this kit is the alphas.
Oh, nearly forgot to mention the pearls - just in a string so you can swirl them wherever you want! I love this idea, I just put my glue down wherever I wanted it to go and sat the pearls on top - too easy. I called this layout "A Workday Reminder" as this is the photo I have as my screensaver at work.



  My second layout using this fantastic kit was inspired by the gorgeous quilt that Ma-ma made for Kiara for Christmas last year, all handpieced hexagons. My hexagons are handpieced, too, but somehow I think it took me a bit less time! I love all the beautiful colours in this range of papers, and using them like this showcases them all, and manages to co-ordinate nicely with the colours in Kiara's quilt, too.



And some hidden journalling on a tag tucked behind the photo.


Finally I whipped up a quick card with the leftover scraps on my desk.


 This really is a fantastic kit, so pop over to Mad now to get yours before they are all gone!

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful projects!! I especially love the first one with the opulent lace border around that pretty pp circle. Love all the delicate touches like the flowers and the beautiful large self-made swirl...I do that too sometimes!
    -And that photo is a gem in itself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going through the blogs that I follow when I saw your first layout on this post. It really caught my eye. Then to see the following layout and cards and thought to myself I am glad that I do follow your blog. Stunning work!!! :D

    ReplyDelete