Saturday, April 20, 2013

Project Life and My Mind's Eye

Ahhh, two of my favourite scrappy things in the world - Project Life and My Mind's Eye. Doesn't get much better than that combination. When I saw the Collectable Unforgettable there was no question what I was going to create with it - a Project Life layout. And what chance that the week I was up to in my Project Life just happened to be Alexa's 7th birthday so an insert featuring these products was perfect.


Instead of my normal PL "style" I went with slightly smaller pics for this insert, simply so I could incorporate more of the gorgeous patterned papers in the layouts. I mostly used papers from the 6x6 paper pad which is absolutely perfect for use in smaller projects like this, the patterns are scaled down so you get to see the complete pattern in the smaller scale than if you simply cut a 3x4 from a full 12x12 piece of patterned paper. I also loved the Story Journal paper (You are the best, Life is good with you around & The Story) which is great value as you can get so many journalling cards from the one piece of paper. Again I have used a mix of the stamp sets on these layouts, stamping is perfect for Project Life as you can add a little extra embellishment and colour without any bulk.


The Tiny Word Stickers are great to add a little extra as well, and I love the look of stamping around the borders of the 6x4 patterned papers. And the decorative tape. Let's face it, there wasn't much about this range that I didn't love! And these Project Life spreads are just sooooo very Alexa - the colours, the patterns the "feel". Happy Birthday Lex!

No comments:

Post a Comment