Friday, November 28, 2014

December Daily 2014 with My Crush

So I did my blog post about how I am going to be all over my December {not} Daily this year - and now all of a sudden it is nearly December and haven't posted any more!

Well, the plan was to do lots of lovely posts about my foundation pages and how prepared I am etc etc. The NEW plan is to show what I have done so far right now, and then go into more detail through December as we go along when I have added the photos and journalling.

My basic idea for this year is to have all the pages pre-prepared, with space for photos and journalling. I don't do a Daily album, simply because we have too many boring days during December and I really only want to document the Christmas moments in this album. My Project Life album continues along through December, so I can put all the other bits and pieces in there.

I am using the Holiday Happenings My Crush album by CTMH for my December {not} Daily this year. At this stage, I have left the cover without any extra embellishment as it is just gorgeous. I know my photo is not doing it justice, but the gold foil star is beautiful.

Next up in the album is a gorgeous first page, unfortunately not quite so suitable for those of us gearing up to a summer Christmas. Easy fixed...take a look at the before and after:


I cut out some shapes using my Cricut for the background to cover up the text, and then cut out a pocket card from Artfully Sent and added my title from the tiny letters that come with the Holiday Happenings Assortment. I just love the November Stamp Of The Month (be quick if you want it!!) so used this as some flower clusters on my piece.

I also stamped my All the details with white ink using a hostess only stamp.

And so on we go with the rest of my pages...












As I mentioned before, as each page gets completed with photos and words, I will endeavour to put up a blog post with lots more details on what I have done. The main aspect I am using in my album to get more pictures in there at the Flip Flaps, which allow a liftable plastic flap pocket for more pictures or words to be included. I have only used the 3x4" size in my album, but there are lots more sizes available which would look really cool as well.

Don't forget to keep an eye on Mandy's blog Hall of Indulgence to make sure she is keeping up as well!

If you have any questions about any of the products I have used, please contact me for more information.

1 comment:

  1. What a great project !
    Love it !
    greetings from the Netherlands, Ineke

    ReplyDelete