Friday, November 7, 2014

Making the most of 12x12 photos in Project Life

The November special for Close To My Heart is getting layouts printed from their Digital Scrapbooking Software that is called Studio J.  I don't do much traditional digi scrapping - therefore thought this deal was not that useful for me.

Then I realised...I could use this FANTASTIC deal to get some Project Life (or Week in the Life, or December Daily or whatever) pages printed extremely cost effectively.

The CTMH Studio J classifies a "layout" as two 12x12 pages. Yep, TWO!!

That means I can upload my 12x12 jpegs (either huge photos, or already completed layouts that I do in Photoshop Elements) as a single jpeg, one on each page - and have two 12x12 pages printed for just $5. And have a chance of getting some extra bonuses, too! Now there's a deal for me!

I just had my first play in Studio J, and it is really, really simple to upload my jpegs and put one on a page. Firstly create a User Account. Then you simply upload your photo or jpeg image of your layout you want to print, then Continue, choose Create your own custom layout, select any of the Kits (I choose Confetti Wishes because it was first, but it really doesn't matter as we are only going to choose a blank page anyway), then Continue, then find the No Limits page. Select Continue then Kit Mix 1.
You will then see a screen with a double page layout, and your photos or jpeg images on the left hand side. Simply drag your pics over to the layout with the cross on there, and there you have it! Click off the photo and it will bring it into the layout. Choose another image for the other side of the double paged layout and you have two pages ready to print. Too easy.

Here is an example I just did using one of my December Daily pages that I created digitally last year.


You can order up to 50 layouts in a box for a set freight cost of $9.50.

Click here to go to the Studio J page, and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to give me a buzz - probably easiest to message on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment