Thursday, October 1, 2015

CTMH Australasian Blog Hop - October Stamp Of The Month


Hello and welcome aboard our Close To My Heart October 2015 Stamp of the Month Australasian Blog Hop. If you have arrived here from Georgia O'Shea's Blog Georgia Creates CTMH, then you are in the right place. If you landed here by accident, no problem, please join in by following the link at the end of this post

The October Stamp Of The Month Twinkle is just perfect to start all those Christmas projects, well in advance of Christmas! Here is what you get - see those red outlines around some of the images? This means they have Cricut cuts to match, which saves a LOT of time fussy cutting if you want to use those images.


I have used the Twinkle stamps on this set of three Christmas cards. The basic layout came from an idea from Pinterest, but it is not playing nice and letting me source the original blog post - my apologies if it is yours.  They really are difficult to photograph, not sure if you can see but on the two left hand cards the colonial white background has been embossed with two different embossing folders, one for the top and a different one for the bottom. Trust me, it looks really effective!


And the individual cards:

Merry Everything:


Twinkle:


And an extra close up of "Twinkle" just so you can see that beautiful gold embossing on the bauble. Another little trick I like to do when using baubles on cards is to trim a really thin strip of shimmer trim to give them something to hang on to.


And finally, I think my favourite, Peace:


I thought I was really clever here by cutting out a scallop circle on the Cricut then stamping the star circle on there, then punched out the centre to create a wreath. I am not sure if that was the intended use of the stamp (it probably was!!), but it made me feel very creative for a moment.

Here is a close up of the "wreath" that I am so proud of:


You see what I did there? I know, right?!?  Anyway, don't forget the October Stamp Of The Month Twinkle is only available throughout October 2015 from your Close To My Heart Independent Consultant for $27 or for just $7.50 when you spend $75 or more.

Thank you for visiting my Blog to check out my cards featuring Twinkle. I would love it if you could leave a comment below before you hop to the next stop on our Australasian Blog Hop Vandra's Virtual CTMH Craftroom  for even more Twinkle inspiration.

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards - love what you have done with the wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card creations. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Leah, The receipients would be thrilled to receive them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Leah! Love the simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards Leah! Heat embossing really adds that little something! Love your wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet! I love the embossing folders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the classic look of your cards all really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning leah, all 3 of the i so love them so much will definitely be casing these ones this christmas. awesome work TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the red and white look. So nice with the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning CAS cards- I love that gold embossed ornament one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the clean, simple but sophisticated look of your cards Leah. Thank you so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete