Tuesday, November 10, 2015

CTMH Australasian Blog Hop - "Urban"


Hello and welcome aboard our Close To My Heart November"Urban" Australasian Blog Hop. If you have arrived here from Kara's blog Creating with Kara Davies, then you are in the right place. If you landed here by accident, no problem, please join in by following the link at the end of this post

The Urban range of products from Close To My Heart are absolutely perfect for all those masculine scrapbook layouts and cards that are sometimes SO difficult to find suitable papers etc for.

I have used the Urban paper packet to create a few birthday cards that are suitable for all those men in our lives!


And now for the individual cards...

I think this one is my favourite of the set. I just love that corrugated iron paper, so perfect for Australian made cards. I can see this paper being used up to the very last scrap! I cut the cogs out of the Urban paper using my Cricut and the Artiste cartridge.

Love the cutouts on this one, this time from the Artfully Sent Cricut cartridge.  Another good tip to change up your stamps is to use one word from one stamp set, and the second from another - like I did with the Happy Birthday on this card.

Some different moustaches this time - again from Artfully Sent. Another of my favourite papers in the middle of this card, and I used the edge strip from one of the Urban papers as the borders for it. Not one little piece is wasted!

And finally my surfy card, perfect for those teenage boys who can be so difficult to make a card for.
The surfboard was cut from Artbooking, and if you look closely you can see it is actually designed with two layers, the back full colour piece and then the front patterned cut out piece. Cool, hey? Well, pretty AWESOME actually!  I popped on three Durables Triangle Studs just to add a little something extra as well.

I hope you like my set of Urban cards and they have given you some ideas of how simply you can whip up some fantastic masculine cards using this paper packet. Don't forget the matching cardstock is included in there as well, making it super simple to get perfectly matching cards.

The Urban paper packet is available for just $15 from your Close To My Heart Consultant, and includes six pieces of patterned paper (2 each of 3 designs) as well as six sheets of coordinating cardstock. Fantastic value, and also check out the matching complements and assortment that goes with it.

Thank you for visiting - I would love if you could leave me a comment before continuing on your way through our Hop. Your next visit is to Wendy Hopper's blog at Expressions of the Heart where you can be Urban inspired even more.

8 comments:

  1. Hi there in Australia !
    Love this masculine cards !!!!!
    Ineke X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing - I especially like the surfboard card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for these great card ideas. Loving the Urban papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing range of card ideas. Love all these ideas,TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to see good masculine cards Leah

    ReplyDelete
  6. All really good cards I often struggle with masculine cards so will be copying some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A terrific selection of cards using the Urban papers. Thank you for sharing leah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the boy type cards. How cool is that mechanical and then the surfie one... great teenager or "big boy" cards!!

    ReplyDelete