Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Merry Christmas frame using Oh Deer!

I decided we are a little Bah, Humbug around the house this year (so far), and we need some Christmas cheer.  So I pulled out the Oh Deer! paper packet which has some gorgeous soft Christmas colours and made up a page to slip into my frame for the wall.

Which reminds me - these fabulous black frames are nearly all gone, and are on a brilliant special, so if you have been thinking about getting one (or more than one) now is the time. Don't miss out! They are so easy to slip in your latest layout and change up the look on your walls.  Great for gifts, too.


The colours haven't actually come up true, you can see them better in this close up:


I hope you can also see that I stamped and gold embossed some little star/snowflake type thingoes in the corners to add a little extra.  And isn't that twine ribbon gorgeous? I actually thought it was just normal twine, not realising it was all together like a ribbon (does that make sense?). You can get it in the Rustic Home ribbon pack.

Some tips from this layout:

1.  Each of the CTMH patterned paper packets have the corresponding cardstock and ink colours on the zip strip.  You don't even have to think about what is going to match!

2.  The Cricut collections from CTMH are so versatile.  Here I have used the Flower Market for the wreath, and Artbooking for the Merry Christmas.

3.  Don't forget to stock up on Glue Dots which make adhering ribbon an absolute breeze.  No more worrying about if it is going to stay stuck.

4.  While on the topic of adhesive, I get so much use out of my small tip Bonding Memories glue pen.  I thought I wouldn't use it much, but I actually use it on nearly every project.  For this wreath it is the perfect thing to use.

If you want any more information on this or any other of my projects, please drop me an email or message me through my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/leahcameronctmh/


No comments:

Post a Comment